Monday, June 14, 2010

11 - The Weekend ...

It wasn't a lovely day in paradise this past Saturday and Sunday. For whatever reason, getting up on both Saturday and Sunday was next to impossible. I had to force myself up to let the dogs put a 7AM then went straight back to bed where I slept until 9AM. Once again, I forced myself to get up, let the dogs in, had a bite to eat and then back into bed where I slept until almost 1PM. I didn;t want to move then had to urge myself to take a shower otherwise I was heading right back to sleep.

The same thing happened on Sunday except I finally got out of bed at noon. The rest of the day was very slow and uninspired. My to do list this weekend was pretty short and I only managed to complete a couple of things.

The respirologist (sleep doctor) that I have been seeing has told me that it's just one of those things so if anybody ever asks me what is wrong, I can say that it's just one of those things. According to her, it happens to quite a number of people and the medical profession has no explanation as the sleep process is not well understood.

If I didn't take the Ritalin during the week I would be zonked out at my desk for much of the day. I am certain that some of you may be asking yourselves ... why doesn't he just take the Ritalin on the weekends as well?. It's because I am so damn medicated that any time I can get away with not taking a med I do so. After all, it's not that important when I fall asleep in the morning, afternoon and evening on the weekend.

I have asked her a couple of times to give me a reason for my extreme sleepiness and she can't. I am thinking very seriously about getting a second opinion because I look at it this way ... if something is happening there must be a reason for it and it's not just one of those things.

No comments: